Monday, August 27, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Since a cake by Flour Confections contains real butter, it is at it’s best when eaten at room temperature. Therefore you should remove your cakes from the refrigerator at least 60-90 minutes before you plan to eat it. If you are going to keep a cut cake, make sure you have plastic wrap up against the exposed cake, keep it refrigerated, and consume within 2-3 days.
Saving the top tier:If you want to keep to tradition and save your wedding cake for your 1st anniversary, you need to follow a few simple instructions in order to ensure that you will be eating the best tasting cake possible. You can store your wedding cake’s top tier or a slice in your freezer, and keep it for up to 1 year.
1. After the wedding reception is over, remove any fresh flowers or gumpaste keepsakes, and place the top tier of your wedding cake in the fridge overnight.
2. The following day, tightly wrap two layers of plastic wrap around it. Then place it in a zip top bag, label it, and put it in the freezer. Keep it in a box if possible to avoid any damage.
3. Be happy – you married your true love!
4. A day before the anniversary date, take the cake package from the freezer and place in the fridge to thaw 12-24 hours.
5. The following day, un-wrap the cake and place on the counter. Allow 2-4 hours for the cake to come to room temperature.
Have a Sweet Anniversary!