Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back from Westminster Maryland







Well it was a long drive, but I'm back from my trip to the Mid Atlantic Wedding Cake Competition in Westminster Maryland.


There were almost 80 wedding cake entries, and the competition was tough. Unfortunately my cake - Sakura's Song didn't place in the top 10, but it made it to the top 20 which is an amazing result based upon the talent in that room!
I learned a lot, had a great time, got to meet some dear "sugar friends" and make some more!

Here are some pics of my cake entry. Based upon a Japanese Kimono, everything was handmade and edible - including the Geisha painting and the vase.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

cakegrl said...

Lisa, I really enjoyed meeting you at the show, it was great to finally put a real connection to the gal behind the awesome cake creations! This cake was even more fabulous in person than in photos. Brava! Keep up the great work and I look forward to many, many more contest entries from you! Who knows, maybe eventually I'll take a cake (LOL get it) to one too. Have a great day!