Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Caddy Wampus Cake with Bronwen Weber


The 2nd class with Bronwen was one I was really excited about - the Caddy Wampus! In this class students learned how to created this gravity defying cake - sure to wow guests at any event! students learning how to assemble their stands


Not only did we learn the beauty of the stand design, we worked with live cake to see how stable the construction was - all cakes left the shop assembled and made it home just fine (mine is still standing a week later! And no I'm not going to eat it!!!)


Bronwen demonstrated how to use her favourite fondant (and one of mine too) Fondx properly - we covered the dreaded square cakes with ease. From beginners to professionals, no torn or cracked corners in the room!


Once covered, we learned simple and quick decorating techniques that give a WOW to any cake. From applique to Lambeth, we did it all as we had 12 sides to work with
Bronwen demonstrating piping - amazing to watch!

Thank you Bronwen & Francois for an AMAZING 3 days!

2 comments:

Special Occasions, Cakes etc said...

WAAAAAAHHH! I love Bronwen Weber!!! I want to live closer to you so I can do these things, too! Nobody (that I am aware of) does these things in Winnipeg!

Special Occasions, Cakes etc said...

Waaaaahhhh! I love Bronwen Weber!!! I want to live closer to you so I can do these things, too! Nobody (that I am aware of) does these things in Winnipeg.