Monday, July 21, 2008

In it for the long haul




My in laws recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. What better gift could I give them but a cake!!!


They both love to do lots of outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, cycling....and they travel extensively through Canada and the US with their trailer in order to do these things.


They recently purchased an Airstream trailer, and I thought that it would be perfect as a cake!


So here it is - an Airstream cake! This is all cake and entirely edible - even the silver colour is made with silver food paint. Inside was vanilla bean butter cake with Canadian maple buttercream.


Here's to 40 years - you're in it for the long haul!

1 comment:

Rich Luhr said...

Beautiful job! I can't decide if I want to eat it or take a roadtrip in it!